Tuesday, July 5, 2011


One of those tip of the iceberg things..
Probably not the most profound thought in the world, but intriguing nonetheless is the word 'is'.'Is' is, or often can be, amazingly weighty for its size!

because it indicates, to me, that the next phrase will be truth.

There IS a lot of not true things being spoken to us. So if you, like me, find yourself hurting and in need of a word of truth from God often.. read the Bible and look for sentences of truth that you can preach to yourself. Observe how these powerful and truthful sentences often contain that two lettered jet pack that you can strap on to every lie you have ever been told..

The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love. Ps. 103:
(were you told that He Is something else? quick to anger? or has limited, irresolute love)

The LORD is close to the brokenhearted, and saves those with a crushed spirit. Ps 34:18
(did someone tell you that He is far from you and cannot hear you? or comfort you?)

The LORD is near to all who call on Him.. Ps 145:18
Be anxious about nothing for the Lord is near.. Phil. 4
The LORD is my shepherd Ps. 23
the one who was and is and is to come. Rev 1:8
It doesn't say "the one who 'might' be coming" "who possible will come" but "the one who IS to come"
Bank on these sentences. He IS capable of saving you. He IS powerful enough to erase your sin. He IS mighty to protect you. He IS full of compassion as a Father. He IS in love with you. He IS the one who made us perfect.
LORD TELL ME WHAT IS.

In moral relativity IS can be quite the problem.

In dealing with morals no human can ever tell another human what 'is' right or 'is' wrong without being influenced by a higher being. Anyone who has ever tried has failed because they always base what they think should or shouldn't be on a their whim. Whatever a person feels is wrong automatically becomes what IS wrong for that person. So, there is no real substance in our lives, outside of God, to base our truth or our morals on. Totally depraved we need Gods whim. IF there was, a real substance outside from God that we could use as our measuring stick for absolute right and wrong, we could then create a perfect system of living and eventually become sinless & perfect, apart from God. This will never happen. We cannot know what the truth is without God.

We will never find truth without the one who is.. He is truth.. He just is.. Exodus 3:14 literally translated would sound like "I Am the one who is.." Moses tell them 'I AM the one who Is' sent you. Thank you God for putting an ultimate end to our impulsive whims of what is right and wrong.. Thank you for being the only one who is able to say what IS, so when I hear lies about what I am or what is truth you come in and softly speak to me and say

"I have created what is listen to me. I make things what were become things that are no more. I can make all things new."

Is the Bible true?

All to often people get caught up in translation errors.. OR contradictions..And go down the slippery slope of "the Bible cannot be trusted"

well.. rest assured the word 'is' seems like it would be very hard to mess up, so I'll bank on it being correct..

The LORD IS my strength and song..
The LORD IS a worrier the LORD is His name..
The LORD IS a refuge for the oppressed and a stronghold..

Psalm 18:2
The LORD IS my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

-D. Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment